Thursday, May 16 2024

Day: May 10, 2024

Tonight: 🇸🇪The grand final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Tonight the grand final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 will take place live from the Malmö Arena in Malmö, Sweden. Twenty-six countries will compete on stage in Malmö tonight, all hoping to take home the iconic Eurovision trophy designed by Kjell Engman of Kosta Boda. Thirty-seven countries took part in this year’s competition and […]

Russia has lost more than 4,400 troops and 54 tanks in Ukraine: Kiev since Sunday

Russian forces in Ukraine have lost 54 tanks and more than 4,400 soldiers since Sunday, according to data released Friday by Kiev’s military. The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that in the same period, in addition to 4,410 casualties, Russia also lost 100 armored fighting vehicles, 137 artillery systems and 143 […]

Iim Shillong: IIM Shillong student gets job offer with ₹71.5L CTC | Shillong News

Shillong: A student of IIM Shillong’s PGP (postgraduate programmes) 2022-24 batch has bagged a whopping Rs 71.50 lakh per annum CTC (cost to business), the institute said in a statement on Friday. Of the 283 students of the batch who got the placements, 79% are male and the remaining 21% are female, while the average […]

Ice hockey’s tragic season could end on a high after the shocking deaths of Mike Hammond and Adam Johnson… as Great Britain take on the mighty Canada and Co at the World Championships

Great Britain begins its Ice Hockey World Cup campaign against Canada The tournament marks the accumulation of campaigns with tragic incidents It’s a chance for British ice hockey to end a season of unprecedented tragedy by showcasing the rise of domestic football that has taken them back to the top of the world stage. As […]

French ambassador impressed by Mawphlang villagers’ efforts for environmental conservation | Shillong News

Shillong: On his maiden visit to Meghalaya, Ambassador of France to India Thierry Mathou on Friday praised the heritage village of Mawphlang and said France must learn how to protect and preserve the biodiversity and environment of Mawphlang villagers. Located near the state capital in East Khasi Hills district, Mawphlang has a sacred forest and […]

Mayor Adams goes to Italy to discuss important issues

Mayor Eric Adams has left New York for the ‘Eternal City’ of Rome. Adams left Thursday to meet the pope in Italy and attend the World Meeting on Human Fraternity, where he discussed urban and international issues with world leaders. What you need to know Mayor Eric Adams landed in Italy on Friday morning as […]

Shakira wins battle against tax evasion in Spain

They also determined that Shakira had no “intent to defraud the government.” Although she acknowledged the “irregularities” in her tax returns, the court dismissed the case. The three-time Grammy winner is “pleased” with the decision. “(This) put an end to the tax authorities’ smear campaign…(and) proves that there was never any fraudulent behavior on the […]

The US announces a new $400 million arms package for Ukraine in a bid to halt Russian advances

Kiev: Russian forces launched an armored ground assault near Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second city in the country’s northeast, on Friday and made small advances, opening a new front in a long-running war between the east and south. Ukraine sent reinforcements as fighting raged in the region’s border areas, the Defense Ministry said, adding that Russia had […]

Nisha Dahiya secures India’s fifth Olympic quota in women’s wrestling in Paris

PTI Updated May 11, 2024 05:19 IST Nisha Dahiya became the fifth Indian woman wrestler to qualify for the Paris Olympics after she defeated Romania’s Alexandra Anghel in the 68kg semi-finals at the Olympic World Qualifiers here on Friday. This will be the first time that India will have five female wrestlers at the quadrennial […]

Anti-Semitic incident at Detroit synagogue under investigation

Police are investigating after witnesses say a man calling himself a “Jew hater” drove to a Detroit-area synagogue, shouted anti-Semitic slurs at two people outside the building and threw a pair of work gloves at one of them. The incident in Oak Park, Michigan, began around 9 a.m. Thursday, when police said in a […]

1 2 3 332